Kevin Gausman Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Baysox have committed 7 errors in the 16 innings that Gausman has pitched so far (6 by his teammates, and 1 by Gausman.)

He has 18 strikeouts, 0 walks, and his ratio of strikes-to-balls so far is excellent (266 Pitches, 195 Strikes, 71 Balls.)

I'm very curious to see how his numbers look after another 3 starts, both in each individual game, and as a whole for the season.

The Baysox have committed 7 errors in the 16 innings that Gausman has pitched so far (6 by his teammates, and 1 by Gausman.)

He has 18 strikeouts, 0 walks, and his ratio of strikes-to-balls so far is excellent (266 Pitches, 195 Strikes, 71 Balls.)

I'm very curious to see how his numbers look after another 3 starts, both in each individual game, and as a whole for the season.

Yeah, these are the numbers that matter; I don't put any weight in his batted ball numbers right now. It seems like he's pitching in front of a terrible defensive squad, and terrible defensive squads do more than just make errors. And isn't Bowie a terrible park for defense anyway, or am I thinking of another one of our MiL parks?

Right now he's sporting, from my (possibly wrong) calculations, a .360 BABIP and an extremely low strand rate (the BABIP was .310 before this game acc to FG, and this game it was .428 from what I've put together, so there you go). Meanwhile his strikeouts and walks and strike/ball ratio is pristine and he's inducing a freakish amount of ground balls. The ONLY thing that bothers me at all about his results is the wild pitches. But aside from that he's performed as well as we could've hoped, ERA be damned.

Archived